Christmas will be here again before you know it. My mom is already starting to look for Christmas presents (and it’s barely spring as I write it!). Of course the Holiday Season is always the most wonderful and touching and cozy season—but all of that coziness and good cheer also means that things get BUSY. Parties, family, presents, recitals, decorating, graduations, travel… With everything going on, it can be easy to get stressed and lose track of the things that really matter. Fortunately there ARE some great time savers that can take some of the edge off the Holiday crazies coming soon.
Here are a few:
1. Black Friday shopping is absurd. If you are planning a long day of shopping, fresh off your turkey coma, take a few minutes to sketch out your destinations on a map. Then, when you are ready, start at your #1 door buster location and proceed through your stores in counter clockwise order. It sounds a little funny, but in fact it means you will only be taking right hand turns. Since left hand turn lanes will always be your biggest wait times in crowded mall parking lots and intersections, this is a big deal and can help more than you might think.
2. Save some time on your Christmas photo cards by using a candid photo or a photo of your family having fun, instead of going to a sit down photographer. You can take that picture, go to invitations.michaels.com or another online source, and plunk it into a Christmas card template. It’s fast, the results are great, and you can customize the text however you need. Then just ship them to your local Michael’s store, and pick up the envelopes there.
3. Before the holidays start invest in a few rolls of Christmas cookie dough and other holiday treats. Making your own is always better, but in a pinch with unexpected company over, or too much else going on, they work just as well!
4. Stock up on wrapping paper early, and go with plain jewel tones or nondescript patterns. There are a few reasons. The paper looks great, is cheaper, and you can use it for EVERY party. Birthday, Easter, Christmas with family, religious Christmas, office Christmas… you never have to second guess yourself, especially with some complementary ribbon colors.
5. Most online retailers let you ship gifts straight to their recipients, complete with gift wrap and a personal message, and return instructions too. It’s a fast way to get things done, and you don’t need to pay for shipping twice if they live far away. Give it a try!